Real Media Library has a lot of features for the WordPress Media Library.
Real Media Library is in multiple languages available.
Over 15,000 people have already purchased WordPress plugins from devowl.io.
Free Test Drive
You want to try Real Media Library for WordPress before buying? Take a free test drive and play around!
A test drive is a WordPress installation with the pre-installed plugin just for you. You can do what every you want on this installation.
Free version without PRO features
Alternatively, you can install our free version without the PRO features into your own WordPress installation. It is available at wordpress.org or you can install it directly into your WordPress installation under Plugins > Add New.
Real Media Library is compatible with the most popular page builders, themes and popular WordPress plugins. You can buy our plugin in the security that it works with your WordPress. In the rare case that the Real Media Library is not compatible with a popular page builder, theme or plugin, just open a support ticket and we will make it work.
Add-on: Real Physical Media
Real Media Library creates a virtual folder structure to make it easy for you: URLs of uploads do not change if you reorganize and move files.
Get even more out of your folders! The add-on Real Physical Media reflects the folder structure created with Real Media Library into your file system (URLs of uploads changes). The extra feature not only gives you a better file structure when working with an FTP client, but a more descriptive file path. This SEO optimization will drive traffic directly to your website from image search engines!
Complementary WordPress Plugins
Real Media Library add-ons are available to extend the media management capabilities in WordPress even further. And we have plugins, which allow you to work even better with WordPress!
All Features of Real Media Library for WordPress
Real Media Library comes with many more features besides those shown above. See why our solution is the best WordPress plugin for media management with folders.
- WordPress 5.x / Gutenberg ready
- Folder for the WordPress media library
- Drag & Drop your files
- Works great on touch devices
- Create shortcuts of files in multiple folders. Shortcuts do not require physical storage space (0 kb).
- Full control over your folders in one toolbar (create, rename, delete)
- Rearrange folders by drag & drop or by criterium (e.g. name in ascending order)
- Sort folder contents by drag & drop or criteria (e.g. A-Z) automatically or once
- Bulk select folders and delete multiple folders at once
- Filter in the WordPress insert media dialog
- Advanced media library uploader
- Upload files directly to a folder
- Create dynamic galleries from a folder with Gutenberg block or shortcode
- Order folder contents by drag & drop or by criterion (date, name, …)
- Quickly navigate to folders with quick folder search
- Translated into several languages
- Compatible with all major themes, page builders and many plugins
- Supports WordPress Multisite (each page has its own folder tree)
- GPDR/DSGVO: The plugin does not collect personal data without your consent!
- Import categories/folders from plugins like FileBird, FileBase, Folders, Media Library Assistant, Enhanced Media Library, Media Library Organizer, WordPress Media Library Folders by Mediamatic, Media Library Folders and more
Full-featured file manager for media management
Real Media Library is a WordPress plugin that empowers you with advanced media management. With this plugin you are able to organize the thousands of images, audio, video and PDF files in your media library into folders. Basically it is a file manager like Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, but for WordPress.
Why do you need this plugin?
A growing WordPress blog or website means that you add a lot of new media files to your database every day. In a few weeks your website will be filled with thousands of media files. How will you be able to find one of these files in a flat list? Of course, you can use the WordPress search function and spend a few hours to find a file, but who can remember the names of thousands of files?
Organize your media with ease
This is where the Real Media Library Plugin comes in. With this plugin you can easily create folders, collections and galleries for your pictures to organize your media library properly. Next time you’re looking for a file, it’s just a click away in the file manager.
Organizing your blog media files with the Real Media Library plugin is as easy as dragging and dropping them into folders. You can rearrange the order of your files by dragging them around to move the important files to the top of the list for faster access.
Additionally, you can use the Real Media Library plugin to add media galleries into your posts directly from the WordPress ‘New Post’ editor. This allows you to add an entire media folder as a customizable gallery to your WordPress posts.
Real Media Library is the must-have WordPress plugin for media management, which can save you a lot of time that you have to spend on managing your media files.
Folders, Collections and Galleries
As you can see from the Real Media Library plugin screenshots (GIFs), it supports three ways to order your files:
Folder: A folder can contain any type of file and collections, but not galleries. To create a subfolder, simply select a folder from the list and click this button.
Collection: A collection cannot contain files. But you can create other collections and galleries there. The above mentioned gallery is only a gallery data folder, which means that they are not automatically placed in your frontend (your website). You can create a visual gallery from this gallery data folder using the Gutenberg editor in your page/post.
Gallery: A gallery data folder can only contain images. It is easier for you to distinguish where your visual galleries are located. You can also drag and drop the images into your own image order.
You are a developer and want to write an add-on for Real Media Library or make your plugin compatible with ours? We are happy to help you!
Real Media Library is a modern and high quality plugins. But we try our best to ensure backwards compatibility so you can use it even if your setup is not the latest.