Shortcodes are small functions that you can easily insert into the text of your WordPress website. And this is how it works:
- In your WordPress backend, click on Cookies in the menu on the left.
- Go to the Consent > Legal Shortcodes.
- Here you will find the three columns Change privacy settings, Privacy settings history and Revoke consent. For all three functions, Real Cookie Banner generates shortcodes that you should integrate into your website. Optionally, you can edit them (link or button, displayed text, etc.).
- Scroll down. At the bottom of the page you will find, among other things, an explanation of the legal necessity of the generated shortcodes.
- You can copy a shortcode by clicking Copy to clipboard.
- Here you can insert the shortcode as text at any position. You do not have to include the shortcode in a special block/element and you do not have to link it additionally.
- Save the changes.
Do I have to place the shortcodes on every page?
Do I have to create a separate page for the integration of the shortcodes?