We have implemented a variety of mechanisms in Real Cookie Banner to be compatible with many technical approaches of third-party services and WordPress plugins. In some cases, we also interfere with the operation of third-party plugins in order to make it as easy as possible for you to use these plugins in a privacy-compliant manner.
In rare cases, however, neither standard mechanisms are effective nor can we change behavior from the outside in terms of data protection. In this case, we contact the operator or manufacturer of the service or WordPress plugin. We are dependent on the cooperation of our counterpart and try to support them as best as possible.
For the following services and WordPress plugins we have received requests from Real Cookie Banner users to make them compatible. Unfortunately, its implementation in cooperation with the respective provider was not yet successful.
If you need a compatibility with one of the following systems, please write the provider of the respective service or plugin and us at the same time. Often, compatibility is implemented faster, if the providers know that several users would want to use it.
- Slider Revolution: Embedding of external content (e.g. YouTube videos or Google Maps) cannot be blocked by a content blocker before consent. Slider Revolution uses its own JavsaScript apart from the standard HTML to load these embeddings in the frontend, which cannot be isolated.
- Cachify: The page cache is created and stored unusually early, which is why content blockers only take effect after page caching and consequently no content can be blocked. We have offered the developers a suggestion for solving the problem on Github, which unfortunately has not yet been included in the plugin.
- Essential Grid + Google Fonts: If you have enabled Essential Grid to load special fonts via Google Fonts, no consent can be obtained for this Google Fonts integration. The reason for this is an unusual way of loading Google Fonts by Essential Grid. We are in contact with the manufacturer for a solution, but according to our experience this takes several months.
- Elementor: Embedding of external background videos (e.g. hosted on YouTube) in Elementor blocks cannot be blocked. We have offered Elementor a solution via pull request, but they have not accepted it yet. All other features of Elementor according to our knowledge can be used without problems with Real Cookie Banner,
- OceanWP: The theme changes the default WordPress Customizer interfaces, which prevents us from hooking into the WordPress Customizer to customize the cookie banner. We recommend activating another theme for editing the cookie banner, until the manufacturer changes back to common standards. We are in contact with the manufacturer for a solution, but according to our experience, this takes several months.