In the following article, we will explain how to enable the integration and configure it properly.
Enable integration in PixelYourSite
PixelYourSite does not automatically detect which cookie banner you use. You have to manually activate the various integrations to collect consents. Here’s how to do that:
- Open in your WordPress backend PixelYourSite > Dashboard > Consent.
- In the section “Other consent plugins” you will find Real Cookie Banner. Now click on the small icon on the right, at the same height as Real Cookie Banner, to expand the settings (see screenshot).
- Enable the GDPR Cookie Consent integration option and save the setting.
PixelYourSite will now check if consents have been given via Real Cookie Banner, if a service has been created for the respective tracking pixel in Real Cookie Banner. If you forget to create a service, PixelYourSite will continue to load the tracking pixel without consent!
You must obtain informed consent from your website visitors. To do this, you must describe exactly what data you are collecting for what purpose with each tracking pixel. The visitor of your website can then freely decide in your cookie banner whether he agrees to the use of the tracking pixel (opt-in).
To do this, you create a service in Real Cookie Banner as follows:
- In your WordPress backend, go to Cookies > Services (Cookies) > Add service.
- Select Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, Google Ads or Pinterest Tag from the list of templates (depending on which pixel you have integrated with PixelYourSite).
- In the service configuration, please check all the details. Especially in the field Purpose you should add information, if you collect more data than usual via events in PixelYourSite.
- Delete, if existing, from the field Code executed on opt-in the code out. This would embed the pixel on your website, but which you already let PixelYourSite take care of.
- Save the service.
That’s it. PixelYourSite now loads the respective pixel only if there is consent from your website visitor.